Aged in 50% new french oak and 10% new american oak for 15 months.
Macán Clásico is very approachable and expressive, more pleasant and pleasurable when drunk with a marked character of the land from which it comes and a simplicity that makes it very attractive. Its co-existence is due to the desire to preserve the Bordeaux tradition to produce a first and second wine. After the alcoholic fermentation, the malolactic process is carried out with 30% in barrels and the remaining 70% in tanks. The ageing takes place in extrafine and fine grain French wood, the majority in new barrels and the rest in one-wine barrels. It remains in wood for 15 months and then in bottles until it is sold.
Macán Clásico 2017 conveys the purest expression of Rioja Tempranillo, with its profile being somewhat warmer and firmer yet extremely harmonious.